Job descriptionSpecialist Purchasing-35853 Profession Purchasing Work Location Americas-Brazil-Sao Paulo City Schedule Full-time
As a Specialist Purchasing your primary role is to ensure that the transactional processes for all products and services in a SITA region comply with the established policies and procedures.
What you will do
At SITA, we achieve more, together. Are you ready to join us?
- Act as focal point of contact in the region for the purchasing process and Oracle P2P system, or other designated purchasing system, to ensure compliance with the Purchasing Policy.
- Work with suppliers and regional finance to ensure that processes for the verification and reconciliation of invoices is understood and followed. Co-operate with rejection of goods (or services) and ensure the appropriate action is taken.
- Handle day to day activities relative to administrative, research and tactical support for AME GEO (Americas Geography regions
- Establish relationships with internal clients at multiple levels and communicate effectively to ensure their procurement needs are met.
- Ensure all purchase orders for the region are placed according to the defined purchasing process, including non-P2P countries.
- Qualify and approve new suppliers, or update existing suppliers, in the region and provide feedback to Specialist, Purchasing Systems & Operations with all pertinent supplier information for updating in the Purchasing system.
- Ensure the maintenance of an optimal supplier base in the region.
- Upload contracts to Agora SharePoint database.
- Support New Supplier Registrations and Re-Activation requests.
- Process supplier data updates and de-activations.
- Provide local expert guidance to SITA users on the P2P system.
- Provide feedback to Manager, Purchasing Systems & Operations on the effectiveness of the purchasing process in the region and propose process/system improvements where relevant.
- Work with other purchasing colleagues to identify and select low value regional suppliers, as required.
- Develop Suppliers in the region.
- Negotiate and administer contracts and process spot purchase orders and contract releases to meet client needs.
- Select suppliers and negotiate commercial terms of contracts.
- Support regional sourcing activities including Purchasing-led RFPs.
- Assist in coordinating resolution of payment issues in cases affecting delivery.
Who you are
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a purchasing function.
- Experience of operating in a self-managing, self-motivating role meeting individual targets but contributing to set departmental objectives and targets.
- Experience and understanding of ORACLE (or similar) Purchasing system (P2P).
- Tri-lingual (English + Spanish + Portuguese).
- High competency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong Communications skills (written & verbal).
- Experience with purchasing transactions, supply chain and sourcing.
- Basic familiarity with Information Technology hardware and software.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams within multinational business operations
- General business acumen
What we offer
SITA’s workplace is all about diversity: many different countries and cultures are represented in our workforce, and colleagues who’ve been working here for decades collaborate with those just out of college and early in their careers. SITA is a place of change and constant improvement, where we're always pushing ourselves to find better ways of doing things: smarter, quicker, easier, for us and our customers and for their customers too.
And we offer all the good stuff you’d expect like holidays, bonus, flexible benefits, medical policy, pension plan and access to world class learning.
Welcome to SITA
SITA is the world’s leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology. We don’t just connect the global aviation industry. We apply decades of experience and expertise to address almost every core business, operational, baggage, and passenger process in air transport.
We design, build, and support technology solutions all with one vision to create easy air travel every step of the way. As an organization, we cover 95% of all international air travel destinations and work with over 2,800 air transport and government customers in every corner of the globe. Are you ready to explore the opportunities?
SITA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran. SITA does not discriminate based on age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, age, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
SITA is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to individuals with disabilities. SITA will provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed.
SITA's equal employment opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and actions, including, without limitation, recruitment, application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions.
In case of issues with uploading your CV or accessing the application system, please contact us @ [email protected]
Job Posting Aug 26, 2022, 11:05:09 AM