Who We Are
Authentic is a brand development, marketing and entertainment company, which owns a portfolio of global media, entertainment and fashion lifestyle brands. Authentic elevates and builds the long-term value of more than 50 consumer brands and properties by partnering with best-in-class manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. We are committed to transforming brands by delivering compelling product, content, business and immersive experiences. We create and activate original marketing strategies to drive the success of our brands across all consumer touchpoints, platforms and emerging media.
The mission of Authentic is to evolve, transform and reimagine global brands through innovative business models, powerful storytelling, compelling content, and immersive experiences. Working at Authentic isn't like working at other companies. Let's chat if you're creative and hungry to drive ideas into action. We work with some of the brightest minds in retail, marketing, licensing, legal and more. Join us in working toward our mission. #WeareAuthentic
What You'll Do
As Senior Vice President, you'll lead Authentic Brands Group's business in Brazil. In this critical role, you'll report directly to the Executive Vice President of Brand and Business Development for Latin American. You'll work with corporate leadership to execute a strategy focused on increasing Authentic's brand presence in the Brazilian market. We're seeking a driven leader with extensive knowledge of brand licensing who has a strong network of licensing and retail contacts in Brazil.
The SVP will have overall responsibility for Authentic's Lifestyle and Entertainment businesses in Brazil, including business development goals, current licensee royalty streams, licensee management, execution of marketing initiatives, and managing administrative costs.
What you'll be working on
Lead Authentic's Brazil strategy
- Work in partnership with the EVP of LATAM, develop and execute a multi-million-dollar business, including planning, revenue forecasting, business analysis and conducting due diligence on evolution of the respective retail landscapes. Lead planning to extend and expand Authentic brand presence and distribution in the Brazilian market including retail and Ecommerce
- Lead relationship with key retailers/commercial real estate companies in the region to leverage strategic growth with existing and new brand presence.
- Work collaboratively with licensees to develop and execute critical action plans, including product initiatives, wholesale, retail, and digital marketplace distribution efforts
- Maximize supply chain connectivity within the region to ensure price and product propositions are consistent and competitive in the respective markets.
Co-Lead business development
- Build, lead and direct the business development for Brazil to formulate a development strategy that generates new business pipeline; incorporate regional and categorical nuances into the sales strategy
- Take a hands-on approach to business development; work closely with the business development team to drive sales activity, develop a high-volume of leads, and close deals
- Leverage your network of contacts to schedule discussions and meetings with target licensing and retail prospects; assist Business Development in establishing contact with target prospects in the market
- Drive royalty overages through proactive and bespoke brand and marketing tactics to achieve and exceed revenue targets
Lead a high-performing team
- Lead and manage a team of Brand Management and Business Development employees at varying levels, each responsible for a portfolio of Authentic-owned brands
- Lead direct reports in optimizing business performance, including budgeting and forecasting, brand planning, licensee performance, and expense management
- Mentor the Brazil team; plan and execute talent development and retention strategies
- Instill ownership and accountability to performance deliverables and metrics, including partner management and performance data and business growth
- Continuously support the delivery of training, career and talent development that retains talent
- Implement and refine best practices for running the business to maximize productivity and achieve business goals
- Build a high-performing team; work with talent acquisition and H.R. to build, coach, and mentor a team that gets results
Oversee brand and marketing management
- Ensure protocols and practices are in place to prepare licensees to perform per the terms and standards of their agreements
- Work in tandem with Marketing to align brand marketing between Authentic licensees; ensure the most up-to-date brand information is conveyed to and adopted by the licensee
- Monitor licensee performance and proactively troubleshoot and correct challenges relating to key contractual and operational issues
- Lead accounts receivable and collections activity, develop collections center-of-excellence across your area of responsibility
- Manage and monitor the Brazilian operating budget; proactively adjust the budget to achieve P&L goals
- Have 15 or more years' experience in fashion, retail or celebrity and entertainment
- Established knowledge of the retail landscape in both Mexico and Brazil
- Be a driven self-starter with executive-level leadership qualities
- Have extensive hands-on experience leading all aspects of a business operation, including business development and sales, brand management and marketing, and P&L management
- Be a decisive problem solver with the ability to assess situations quickly, consider options, and choose a path forward
- Have experience working independently and exhibit excellent communication skills
- Have extensive hands-on experience with the mechanics of the licensing business model
- Possess an extensive network of contacts in the licensing and retail sectors
- Have earned a bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
Target Deliverables and Metrics
- Gross Minimum Royalty (GMR) for territory
- Royalty Overages
- Profit & Loss Performance
- Royalty Payment/Collections
- New Business Development (in-year and total deal value)
Authentic is an equal-opportunity employer and we value and embrace the diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, national origin, disability, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities or religious obligations who would like to request an accommodation, please contact [email protected]