Lead Quality Management System (OFE) – Jandira, SP
Do you relish the prospect of working with cutting-edge energy products?
Do you love leading and motivating others to achieve a goal?
Join our Quality team
Bringing cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to create oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and flexible pipe capabilities are industry leading. Our team provides support for customer operations to ensure continuity for production.
Partner with the best
As Lead Quality Management you will develop and maintain systems, rules, and processes to ensure fulfillment of internal and external requirements. Ensures that projects and products are capable and will meet specified standards (Preventive). Positions requiring thorough understanding, application and mastery of approaches, theories, methodologies and application in a concrete organizational context.
Responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities
- Business Process Management Systems (e.g. Quality Management Systems, Integrated Management Systems). Work to develop, implement, and monitor overall process mapping for quality improvement purposes. Standardization of processes, tools and performance management system in compliance with Baker Hughes, Customers, ISO 9001 and API (American Petroleum Institute) requirements. Responsible for Latin America (Jandira, Macaé and Villahermosa)
- Manage and perform Internal, Customer and 3rd party QMS audits in accordance with ISO 9001 / API Q1 / Customer requirements.
- Plan and execute applicable trainings to qualify Auditors to support the audit program.
- Lead, trainee and perform Investigation process to identify the root cause properly, avoiding recurrence
- Support cross functional teams to identify and implement Containment, Corrective and Preventive actions
- Focal point to drive all findings across SPS and S&O Latam cross functional team. In addition, works closely with Global Quality team to align this process to ensure proper responses
- Measure and monitor KPIs, lead the data analysis, report the results and trends to leadership team, supporting decision making process.
- Develop and maintain a communication plan to provide adequate information about local and global QMS processes, including goals and objectives across OFE.
- Establish an open and candid environment to encourage everyone to raise a Quality Concern, to exchange ideas / suggestions and challenge the status quo
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Train the cross functional team to be aware about updated Global Procedures and drive next steps to guarantee a standard process
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (with at least 10 years of experience in Quality). Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in QMS.
- Show solid experience in QMS roles and Oil & Gas business
- Strong knowledge of API requirements
- Be Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results across functions in a local and global-matrix environment
- Be meticulously organized and able to work efficiently with limited direct supervision
- Demonstrate good communication skills. Interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Have analytical and reporting skills. Understanding and experience of problem-solving methodology
- Significant experience in manufacturing, technical or quality roles
- Requirement: Fluent in English Language
- Independent Auditor qualified (Baker Hughes employees only)
- Root Cause Analysis Leader qualified (Baker Hughes employees only)
- MBA and Master’s degree from an accredited University or College
- Lead Auditor certified
- Certified, or in process of certification, Lean Six Sigma (BB / MBB)
- ASQ and/or IRCA Auditor Certification
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and industry codes
- Have experience working with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us: With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Join Us: Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.