At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Brazil is seeking a Lead Design Engineer (Cabin system and Connectivity), reporting to the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Manager, working out of the Sao Jose Dos Campos, Brazil office.
The Lead Design Engineer (Cabin system and Connectivity) will to join the team in defining and integrating airplane electrical systems across our commercial fleet. This position will be assigned to work with Cabin and Network Systems Team which includes interior lighting, passenger address systems, seat back video, passenger connectivity, satellite connections, In Flight Entertainment, and more.
All projects center on the translation of concepts and high-level requirements to specific architectures and operational specifications including the physical integration of electrical systems and components into our complex airplanes. Work with a worldwide supplier base to implement system hardware and software. Validate designs through both laboratory and airplane testing. Work with aircraft systems from initial concept through certification, delivery, and through their production life. We are continually evolving the state of the art in commercial air transport.
- Leads work with customers to develop and document electronic and electrical system requirements on complex multi-tiered projects.
- Leads analysis and translation of complex requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Leads testing and validation work on complex system designs to assure that operational and functional requirements are met. Works with other to develop program test strategies.
- Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Conducts program independent reviews and reports results to program leadership.
- Provides critical support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle. Leads research into technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Makes recommendations for technology investments.
- Recognized as a business unit-wide expert in process development and qualification, physical and functional integration and installation design and resolving supplier technical issues.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Senior level of experience with Design engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited course of study in Engineering.
- Must be legally able to work in Brazil.
- Proficient in both verbal and written communications skills in the English Language.
Preferred Qualifications (Education/Experience):
- Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering degree.
- Senior level of experience with Electrical Systems hardware and software design.
- Senior level of experience with engineering processes and methods.
- Knowledge of FAA certification.
- Senior level of experience with system design and integration during an airplane development program.
- Senior level of experience working with cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated project management skills within a fast paced highly integrated environment.
- Experience with Model Based Development tools.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in Brazil. Candidates must have current legal authorization to live and work in Brazil. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
When possible submit a CV or resume written in English.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.