Job descriptionPosition Summary
The HR Manager will be responsible for supporting a variety of HR functions. Duties will include:
- Supporting the Regional HR Director in partnering with managers to provide local HR guidance and support all people related matters.
- With oversight from the Regional HR Director will lead the review of local employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance and will partner with leaders and all staff to create an engaging environment to work in.
- You will work to streamline and improve all people processes to provide excellent service to internal stakeholders.
- You'll focus on providing coaching to business leaders on all people related topics with specific emphasis on employment law, performance management, succession planning and conflict management.
% of Time Description of Duty
Business Partner & Employee Relations:
- Understand global business strategy and align local programs with the support of the Regional HR Director to help achieve business goals
- Provide trusted and expert advice and support on a range of HR issues such as reward, employee relations, development, performance, culture and engagement
- Actively use company data and metrics to understand employee engagement. Provide recommendation to improve retention and overall employee satisfaction.
- Creates local HR policies/working directives based on local labor laws, employment standards and government regulations to all staff
- Manages complex employee enquiries and questions regarding working directives HR Policies, pay, benefits, vacation, leaves, recognition, performance management, and general company policy questions. Elevates questions as appropriate.
- Supports and delivers communication of SIRVA’s values and traits in alignment with SIRVA’s Code of Conduct outlined through policies and procedures.
Process Management & Improvement:
- Oversee and manage the local monthly payroll and benefits process
- Manage local HR processes with continual review to ensure legal compliance in conjunction with value-add factor to internal stakeholders. Provide recommendation for change based on success and local labor law changes.
- Streamline and where possible utilize technology to support in all HR/People related process to create an efficient way of working
Coaching & People Development:
- Provide guidance and support whilst partnering with our global L&D function pertaining to skill development and succession planning. Provides recommendation on promotion and relevant compensation increases
- Provide consultation and mentoring to leaders in their management of performance and or employee relations issues including corrective action planning.
- To support leaders during the Performance Management process with goal setting and giving feedback
- Assist with and undertake tasks associated with a diverse range of projects as reasonable required by the Regional HR Director and wider HR team.
- 2-4 years of Human Resources Generalist experience
- Skilled communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of employees from entry level to Senior Management
- Ability to multi-task with subjects that may be unfamiliar
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of MS office and ability to learn HRIS System
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in the business/Human Resources