Job descriptionJob Category: Fixed Term Job Type: 12 Months Full Time Job Location: Brazil India Morocco Pakistan Philippines Turkey Onsite / Remote: Remote
United People Global (UPG) is recruiting a Director, Head of Initiatives to support our growing community as part of contributing to our mission to make the world a better place. This work is at the heart of our community and it involves interacting with and serving our mission and our community. This is a paid full-time role that comes with the following compensation and benefits:
- Professional Growth: join the leadership of a unique and international community and add experiences and exposure to your CV that strengthen your professional profile
- Network: strengthen your professional and personal networks: be part of an international network and a community that spans across world regions.
- Purpose: this role involves providing leadership of activities that create positive impact around the world
- Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- A diverse range of professional and functional experiences
- Additional benefits are shared with the successful candidate
This work is at the heart of our Community and it involves leading individuals and teams that operate activities that create global and local impact. This role is based remotely.
A. Ensure that the organisation’s initiatives deliver impact and operate sustainably
B. Identify and act on opportunities to create impact that makes the world better
C. Strategic Planning: Develop goals and initiatives to direct a selected division and/or range of activities
D. Operational Excellence: Ensure that operations are implemented reliably, consistently and based on established procedures
E. Supervise, mentor and manage teams, individuals and managers
F. Maintain relationships with partners, collaborators and other key stakeholders
G. Manage the financial prosperity of selected divisions and/or range of activities
H. Guide managers and teams on implementing initiatives and policies
I. Evaluate and develop processes and procedures to strengthen the organisation
J. Maintain regulatory, administrative and other required reports, records and other paperwork
- Seven to ten years of experience, including at least 5 years in a management role
- Exceptional leadership skills, Conflict management skills are an asset
- Strong understanding of international and/or non-profit organisations: standards, business operations and regulatory requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Planning and organisation skills, including financial skills for budgeting. Project Management skills are an asset
- Innovative mindset to find and to implement new, effective solutions
- A Bachelors Degree is required. A Graduate Degree (Masters or Doctorate) is an advantage.
- Candidate cares about the mission of the organisation
- Prior experience working in a similar role is an advantage
- Prior experience with community management or community organising is a strong advantage
- Ability to work in start-up settings; Ability to work alone and in a team
- Confidante: Be able to work with sensitive material and to keep activities confidential
- Resilience: in particular, the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Location: The role is remote
Dates: The initial duration is 12 months for this role. Extension is possible based on performance.
Remuneration: This role is paid competitively.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis until the position is filled.