The Director, Events will play a key role in the creation, management and execution of the Latin America based events held around the year. This role reports to the President, LATAM. This role is an integral member of the larger tour and events team. The role is based in the WSL LATAM Headquarters in São Paulo, Brazil. This is a full time employment opportunity with travel required to event locations throughout Latin America. Please ensure all resumes submitted are written in English.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Set, communicate and manage timelines and priorities on all regional events
- Ensure thorough planning of event budgets, managing cash flow expectations to ensure no surprises for finance team and event runs to budget
- Plan staff scheduling, and manage and hire temporary contractors for event operations
- Working with local government and 3rd parties to facilitate tax incentive programs for the events
- Provide event site outline to internal Marketing, Partnerships, Tours & Competitions & Broadcast teams.
- Conduct and chair regular event meetings including all relevant parties. Take notes and circulate minutes.
- Maintain all files on each event on google docs for future reference.
- Manage allocated budgets effectively throughout the financial year, following department processes and procedures- ensure we do not exceed budgets.
- Work with the Partnership Team to ensure sponsor obligations are met with respect to events and their involvement, including but not limited to signage, event promotions, brand activations, hospitality, invitations, media etc.
- Maintain regular communication with the event teams and across other divisions in the company both at HQ and Regional Offices.
- Other tasks may be assigned from time to time which contribute to the overall success of the WSL Tour.
- Ensure you adhere to legal and policy requirements (eg. Workplace, Health & Safety, Company policies, harassment and discrimination laws)
- Proven experience running sports and entertainment events as a production manager
- Previous experience working with beach related events preferred
- Fluent in Portuguese, English and Spanish- both written and verbal
- Min 10+ years’ prior major operations and events experience
- Strong leadership and motivational skills, with demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision to meet tight deadlines within budgetary constraints.
- Results-driven employee who enjoys not only building the strategy, but also rolling his or her sleeves up to drive results.
- Strong project management skills
- Deep understanding of Government Tax Incentives
- Analytical, strategic and creative thinking
- Interpersonal Communication skills: excellent written and oral presentation
- Skilled at negotiation, consensus-building, budget-management and resource management
- Must bring forward new and interesting ways of looking at events and experiential challenges, while inspiring the development of concepts and solutions.
- Collaboration and Team leadership – set strategy and pace and establish trust and confidence with vendors, colleagues (at HQ and international), athletes and sponsorship partners
- Problem solver: approaches challenges with a “can –do” attitude and identifies optimal options and opportunities by leveraging all resources
- Confident with Excel, Powerpoint / Keynote / Google Docs
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- Entrepreneurial; willingness to work independently with the best business practices in mind
- An exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Masterful organizational skills
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths, key areas for improvement and motivational triggers.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary
- Enjoys travel
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Interessado neste trabalho?
All Related Listed jobs
Fibra RH Mirassol, SP Today
SIMPAR Mogi das Cruzes, SP Today
Suzano Aracruz, ES Today
AlignTech São Paulo, SP Today
Cartão Eucard Manaus, AM Today
A PRIORI EXCELÊNCIA EM RECURSOS HUMANOS Campo Largo, PR Today
TRACK & FIELD Manaus, AM Today
Compass.UOL Remoto Today
Genesis Group Ibiporã, PR há 25 dias
Pasquali Parise e Gasparini Junior Advogados Ribeirão Preto, SP Today