Imagine what we can INSPIRE with you
Moody’s empowers people to make better decisions and achieve brighter futures. This is what motivates us to bring out the best in our products and our people. Join us. Forward Together.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversityMoody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentMoody’s Local Brasil
This role is for a Credit Analyst who will carry the responsibilty as the lead analyst for an existing portfolio of Corporate and Infrastructure Finance issuers and transactions, including project finance.
This role will focus primarily on the Corporates and Infrastructure Finance sectors. The position reports to the Head of Corporate and Infrastructure Finance.
- Conduct quantitative assessment of financial statements and economic/market data, as well as analysis of bond indentures, liquidity agreements, financial statements and other legal documents.
- Conduct on-going credit analysis on a dedicated portfolio of companies and transactions in segments that may include energy, infrastructure, retail, metals and mining, real estate, and others.
- Actively monitor the portfolio and make recommendations for rating transitions in a timely fashion.
- Present credits effectively and comprehensively in credit rating committees and other internal analytical meetings, formulate a coherent credit rating rationale and present this rationale in a persuasive fashion.
- Demonstrate strong credit skills as evidenced by the ability to distinguish among different entities and transactions at different credit ratings levels.
- Produce timely and relevant research on specific issuers, general credit trends, or sector related issues that is in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused.
- Participate in issuer meetings, including presenting key credit rating factors effectively and asking probing questions that result in substantive dialog about key credit rating issues.
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree in economics, accounting, engineering, business administration, statistics, actuarial science or similar (e.g. bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualifications).
- Preferably three to five years of relevant professional experience with financial analysis primarily focused on corporates and infrastructure finance entities.
- Proven and well-developed analytical and modelling skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Python programming & Visual Basic for Applications knowledge is a plus
- Solid verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- English speaking and writing capabilities
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.